“To support the potential of all aquatic athletes in Sussex and to ensure that the most talented have access to the necessary support”.
Each year the management committee produces a development plan to help and support our athletes and to focus our activities. The cost of delivering this plan is achieved through competition entry, grants and from our capital reserves.
The focus of the Development Plan in 2017 – 2018 is to use our resources to support athletes, clubs and volunteers so that they are able to develop their skills to ensure that swimming in Sussex enables everyone to achieve their own goals. This will be achieved by:
- using our resources effectively by bringing disciplines together where appropriate;
- providing training opportunities that will develop skills and help clubs retain and grow their membership;
- supporting teachers and coaches by providing development opportunities;
- training volunteers so that our competitions are effective, and
- supporting the Swim England South East development plans.
Download our whole sport development matrix for 2017 – 2018. Our Development Plans include following the Swimming Development Pathway as set out by Swim England, learn more about Pathway and how we deliver it in Sussex.
See our monitoring of performance against our development plan.
We will report regularly against our objectives.
Swim England have produced a fact sheet that explains more about long term athlete development (LTAD)