General conditions – championships
1. County Championships will be competed for annually over a distance of approximately 5 km . The Open Water Swimming Committee shall arrange the Championships, date and venue.
2. The Championships shall be open to eligible competitors who are members of Sussex clubs affiliated to the A.S.A.. Entry is subject to compliance with Rule 19 of the County Associations Rules.
3. The fees for the Competition shall be reviewed annually by the Management Committee no later than the May meeting
4. The event is to be held under ASA Technical Rules including IPC Rules for a Multi-Disability competition. Athletes with a disability must be registered with the ASA, British Swimming and/or the IPC, and hold a valid Functional Ability Card (FAC), and will swim under the same conditions as other competitors.
5. Competitors must be a minimum age of 13 years as of the 31st December in the year of the Championships.
6. Entries must be on the official form together with entry fee which shall be reviewed annually by the Management Committee. Entries will be accepted in the order received up to the maximum allowable under the competition Risk Assessment. All competitors must read the event Provisions and sign the Declaration on the entry form.
7. Swimmers shall not be permitted to use or wear any device which may be an aid to their speed, endurance, or buoyancy. Goggles, cap (maximum 2), nose clip, and ear plugs may be used. Only one costume can be worn and wetsuits are not allowed. Grease or other such substances shall be allowed providing these are not, in the opinion of the Referee, excessive. Competitors must wear the numbered cap provided and have their number written on their back or upper arms and hands.
8. The competition is a freestyle event with no stroke technical requirements. The race shall have a time cut-off limit of 2 hours.
9. County Championship medals will be awarded to the Sussex Junior (under 17 years) and Senior female and male swimmers finishing in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Juniors will receive Senior medals when so placed overall.