After nearly three years of holding our entry fees for swimming competitions as low as possible we have had to review them in the light of significant increases in costs over the past year and particularly in the current season.
The income derived from swimming competitions; Relay Gala, County Championships and Winter Competition, allows us to run development camps, send teams to represent the county, provide CPD training for clubs and officials, fund a bursary scheme for club development as well as supporting water polo, diving and synchronised swimming.
The entry fees for swimming competitions promoted by Sussex County ASA from 1st January 2019 are:
- Team events: £10.00 per team
- Long Distance events (800m & 1,500m) £8.00 per entry
- All other swimming events £6.00 per entry
- Poolside accreditation passes £25.00 each (required by all coaches and team managers)
Because we recognise the impact these changes will have on families we are making spectator entry to the Relay Gala free of charge in 2019. We also have no expectation of increasing spectator entry to other events in 2019.
Sussex Relay Championships
Sunday 27 January @ Pavilions Horsham.
Relay gala entries close at Midday Sunday 20th January.
26 January & 3 February (long distance) and 9/10 & 23/24 February @ K2 Crawley.
Long Distance events: Important information about entry qualification times.
- Boys 800m qualifying rules. If no 800m freestyle licensed time exists then boys may enter the 800m freestyle event by using either their current licensed time from the 1,500m freestyle or 400m freestyle subject to those times meeting the published qualifying standard.
- Girls 1500m qualifying rules. If no 1,500m freestyle licensed time exists then girls may enter the 1,500m event by using their current licensed 800m freestyle time subject to that time meeting the published qualifying standard.
Individual entries will close at Midday Wednesday 16th January.
All Sussex County ASA swimming competitions run on Hy-Tek meet manager software. You can download instructions for using this programme here.
At every event we need the support of non technical helpers to ensure that the event runs as efficiently as possible. Could you offer us some of you’re spare time to help us run this event?