“To support the potential of all aquatic athletes in Sussex and to ensure that the most talented have access to the necessary support”.
Each year the management committee produces a development plan to help and support our athletes and to focus our activities. The cost of delivering this plan is achieved through competition entries, grants and from our capital reserves. In 2019 – 2020 our development spend will exceed £20,000.
The focus of the Development Plans is to use our resources to support athletes, clubs and volunteers so that they are able to develop their skills to ensure that aquatics in Sussex enables everyone to achieve their own goals. This is be achieved by:
- using our resources effectively by bringing disciplines together where appropriate;
- providing training opportunities that will develop skills and help clubs retain and grow their membership;
- supporting teachers and coaches by providing development opportunities;
- training volunteers so that our competitions are effective, and
- supporting the Swim England South East development plans.
Download our whole sport development matrix for 2019 – 2020. Our Development Plans includes the Sussex Swimmer Development Pathway which is follows the structure of the National Pathway Programme developed by Swim England.
We report regularly against our objectives. See our monitoring of performance against our development plan.
Swim England have produced a fact sheet that explains more about long term athlete development (LTAD).